The Golf Shoe Project

One of the things I dislike about winter the most is....well, winter.  So every year I look for ways to fight the system.  One winter I wore t-shirts all the time.  Another winter I wore Hawaiian shirts.  So this year, as my fight against "the man",(old man winter), I am wearing my golf shoes every day.  Hence, the golf shoe project.  I have learned some things about myself and golf shoes that were surprising.

So let me list for you some of the the things that have happened while wearing my shoes in the depths of snow.

1.  Golf shoes make ice much more slippery.  For years as a teenager it was my goal to become a professional skateboarder.  I got pretty good at it too.  I also got really good at balancing myself and learning how to fall.  Well, not anymore.  No balance and I fall like the Stay Puff Marsh mellow man getting shot by a posatronic blaster from Ghostbusters.  I go everywhere.

2.  I noticed that when I walk into Walmart people stare at me more.  Not because I am beautiful, that's a given, but because my golf shoes squeak.  Not just a little squeak, but the kind of squeak that attracts attention like a kid having a temper tantrum in the toy isle.

3.  When my shoes are wet and I walk on tile or plastic I might as well be wearing roller skates.  Ever see the cartoon where the guy slides on a banana peel across a room?  That's me.

4.   My feet are cold.  You know what?  Golf shoes are made for the summer.  Even the bottom of my feet  freeze when I shovel the driveway.

5.  I do have a sense of empowerment.  I feel like I have a secret to fighting the harsh cold of winter by focusing on the day I stop sliding on ice and walk onto the golf course grass ready to play some golf. 

6.  Next year I'm going to try something different.  My feet are really comfortable though, when I'm inside.

That's it so far.  Any new revelations come along I will fill you in.  Just in case you want to live on the dangerous side as I do. :)

Comments