14 Reasons why the Church will not go through the Tribulation

When I was in Bible College I had one professor who I thought was a walking Bible. That guy knew everything it seemed to me. He was my Daniel/Revelation teacher and eschatology was his forte. I loved his classes. So in honor of Dr. Robert Lundstrom I give you the 14 Reasons why the Church will not go through the Tribulation.

"1. There is no mention anywhere in the Scriptures of the Church in connection with the tribulation.

2. In the book of Revelation, there is no mention of the word, "church", anywhere after chapter 4. In chapter 4, we believe the 24 elders encircling the throne, themselves upon the throne are representatives of the raptured church.

3. Writing to the church of Thyatira in Revelation 2, speaking of the overcomers in 2:28: 'I will give him the morning star.'
Revelation 22:16 - 'I Jesus have sent my angel to testify to these things in the churches. I am the root and off spring of David, and the bright and morning star.'
The morning star precedes the rising of the 'Sun of Righteousness' in Malachi 4:1,2 which is a distinct promise to Israel. This latter refers doubtless to Christ coming in the full orbid day of His glory breaking upon Israel, the former to His coming in the dark hour before dawn for His true Church.

4. The distinct promise to Philidelphia which is the true church of the last days. Rev. 3:10 - 'I will also keep you from the hour of temptation' from Greek Ek - out of temptation - context the Tribulation chapters 6-19.

5. The character of the Tribulation judgments are so terrible (it doesn't line up with) the promises to the believer - John 5:24 -'Veryily, verily, I say to you, He that hears my word, and believes on Him that sent me, has everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation, but is passed from death to life.'
I Thessalonians 1:10 - 'And to wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.'

Ok, that's it for now. I will post the rest of the reasons over the coarse of the week.

Comments