Monday Morning Mantra

Well Christmas has come and gone. We had a great time this year. We traveled a bit on Christmas eve to Lisa's family and then came home so the kids could wake up in their own beds on Christmas morning. We had a great time watching the kids open presents. They had so much fun. I got some good stuff. Chocolate, pistaccio nuts, more chocolate, mints, a couple PS3 games and odds and ends.

We took off Sunday from church to give all our volunteers a break. I only heard of one person showing up for church. Not too bad since I had been talking about it for a month and a half.

Oh, I got a new snowblower. Couldn't find the one I wanted until I went to the John Deere shop in Walpole. Glad I did. The thing is awesome. I named it "Q" because it comes with all the usual refinements. Heated hand grips, head light, clean out shovel and so on. Awesome.

I can't believe another year has come and gone. They are going by too fast. Although I am looking forward to 2010. Can't wait to see what God does through Riverstone Church. We have such an awesome crew of people. This is the best church I have ever been a part of. We really are a church filled with "no perfect people" starting with me. And everyone loves everyone enough to give them room to be themselves. Very cool to see and experience.

Lisa and I are making a commitment this year to lose some weight so we are joining a gym. I can't wait to get into the pool. Going to try to lose as much as I can this year. Should be fun, NOT.

Going to commit to reading through the Bible in a year. Feel free to join me on this journey. Starting Jan. 1st. Going to be awesome reading through the whole Bible, every day for a whole year.

Comments