Monday Morning Mantra

Man things have been getting crazy around here. Over the last three weeks our church has been in the media for no apparant reason other than they want to do a story on us. So far it has been completely positive. Yesterday we were on Fox News. They came down for the service and filmed and interviewed us. It came out pretty good. You can see it here: Fox 44 News coverage.

I have been preaching on the 7 deadly sins and I believe people are responding well to the series. I preached on envy yesterday and so many people told me they were glad they didn't miss church. I want to encourage you, don't miss out on this series. I could be life changing for you. You can also go to the Riverstone Church website to view the previous messages online. Check it out.

Lisa is in Fl for a few days for training for her job. So it's the kids and I all over again. They are being very good. Took them swimming yesterday and we had our fill of ice cream. I have a few things planned for them this week. But I hope I can get my work done too. We will see.

Lisa bought me an iPod for our anniversary. I have been wanting one for a few years now. It is AWESOME. Wish I had it sooner. No worries though, I already have downloaded over 75 podcasts and songs on it. Lots to listen too.

I visited my dad on vacation and I was able to get a box of family pictures that I have never seen before. I have a picture of my great grandfather. And several of my grandfather. He was a veteran of WWII. He served on the USS Alabama. Also he was a veteran of Korea. I think he served on the USS Jason. I have all his discharge papers too. He was in the Mass. State Reserves. He did a stint in the Canadian army just after war broke out with Germany. Then he came back and joined the US Army and transfered to the US Navy. After that he joined the Navy during the Korean war. He was something else.

Comments